we all are aware of the fact that in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 most of the people of our generation are going to face job interviews. hold on, think for a second. What is the first thing/tool that a person needs when he/she is hunting for a job?
The best resume right? also, a good cover letter separates him/her from the rest of the job hunters and puts him on the top of the priority list.
when it comes to a real-life scenario, most of the people have no idea how to write a resume that can ensure his/her selection procedure. according to a survey 77.8 % of the resume being sent to several companies, job portals etc are almost the same and has no or very minimal difference.
nowadays people are ready to spend anything so as to find their dream job. so directly on indirectly they are ready to spen on their resume too just for the fact that resume’s are the first step of this ladder of seeking jobs.
HOW DOES A RESUME WRITER BUSINESS WORK
A resume writer will assist job seekers/hunters by creating a resume that clearly exhibits a candidate’s skills. you will have to interview candidates, find out his skills and create resumes that positively catch the keen attention of those who are going to review the candidate’s resume.
This service also includes cover letters or providing career counselling or thank-you letters to potential employers or interview rehearsals (these are the extra services which you can offer in bonus).
THE MARKET OF RESUME WRITER BUSINESS
- Your clients can be anybody who is seeking for a job, whether they are currently employed or not.
- College students who are soon going to enter into the big world are a major target in this market when they near graduation or just ended their studies. when they have to go to work somewhere based on their compatibilities, and those who need resumes to start internships. Graduate students are the major assets of this business.
- beyond this, you can also target mid and upper-level management and professional people as well as suddenly single moms.
- Target the college, school, office market by placing fliers, posters on the notice boards or by mailing brochures to lists you can easily get online.
- Introduce yourself to the staffs at a local business, unemployment offices and other facilities.
- You can Post fliers on public library bulletin boards and at copy centres from where you can easily gain potential clients.
- Give seminars and workshops because it can always have a good source of clients. and you can also place ads in the local newspapers.
PROS AND CONS OF RESUME WRITING BUSINESS
- Low startup costs.
- You can run your business part-time or full-time.
- No formal training is necessary.
- Through email, messaging and VoIP or video-calls, you can easily run your business anywhere in the world.
- you meet lots of interesting people in all avenues of life, and you get the satisfaction of helping people better themselves and their lives.
- In a bad economy, when people need your services, often they can’t afford them.
- It might be difficult to maintain a steady flow of clients.
- Resume writing is not as artistically satisfying as other writing pursuits.
- There’s lots of competition.
- While you don’t need specific training or certification, a background in HR or recruiting, and/or certification can increase your marketability and allow you to charge more.
EARNINGS OF A RESUME WRITER
Resume writing fees for a work at home business often range between $100 and $1,100. This range has to do with the types of clients and their needs. For example, an entry-level resume would be on the lower end, around $ 100 But an executive resume, or one in a specific field such as technology, will cost more. Part of this has to do with the amount of information going on a resume. A college grad has a shorter resume than an executive looking to change jobs.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A RESUME WRITER
You’ll need a solid knowledge of what makes a good resume in terms of both format and content. It must be creative enough to stand out from the crowd.
In terms of starting a resume service specifically, you must have or know: –
- Writing skills. Lean, punchy and correct writing. Resumes are marketing tools, so the ability to “sell” the candidate is crucial.
- Good interviewing skills to assess your client’s background, skills, experiences, and abilities
- Create your marketing tools including business cards, website, LinkedIn profile and other items you can use to attract your target market.
- A computer, good printer, and an Internet connection.
- knowledge of office software like Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel etc.
- always keep in mind that The average time spent by recruiters looking at a resume: 5 to 7 seconds. 76% of resumes are discarded for an unprofessional email address. Only 35% of applicants are actually qualified for the jobs they apply to so your writing skills must be accordingly.
- You must have excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills and tiptop people talents.
Resumes are often the first and last chance a job seeker has to make an impression on a potential employer so it must be one of the best.
We hope you liked our information. make sure to share this with your friends and families. And do like to motivate us!
Drop down your precious comments !